Tonsiloliths Treatment - How to Treat Tonsil Stones?
Tonsiloliths are smelly white balls in the back of your throat. Whatever you want to call it, tonsilolith can be a serious oral problem. Although technically tonsil stones -smelly disgusting off-white balls of food particles and other debris that get stuck to your tonsils- are not dangerous, they can be extremely annoying.
The tonsil stones can cause horrendous bad breath that makes daily activities such as meeting and greeting people seem like a nightmare.
Tonsilolith is, unfortunately, not something that you can simply get rid of with a pill or a potion. If you are prone to tonsil stones (due to large tonsils, overactive salivary glands or excessive oral bacteria), then you are stuck with tonsil stones popping up whenever they see fit.
So how do you treat these awful white balls of embarrassment?
By reading the five suggestions below:
1. Practice Good Oral Care. It seems simple and it is. Brush daily. Floss Daily. Use non-sugar, non-alcohol based mouthwash. However, you can also gargle with salt water and cider vinegar, both which can aid in the breaking up of the debris.
2. Watch what you eat. Experts suggest that lemon and avocado can aid in curing bad breath caused by tonsil stones. You can also try to limit the amount of white sugar in your diet.
3. Scrape, Scrape and Scrape. If you have the gag reflex for it, you can try to scrape these little balls of smell out of your mouth. Some use their fingers; some use a Q-tip; some use their tongue; some use their toothbrush; some use toothpicks. It's up to you and your gag reflex.
4. Sneeze them out: Coughing, sneezing or flexing your throat can also work to get rid of tonsil stones. This is because you are releasing the stones from the tonsils and thus they will be coughed up. Be warned- they will most likely emit an extremely unpleasant odour.
5. Opt for surgery. A final suggestion, which should be discussed with your doctor, is tonsil removal, or a tonsillectomy. Keep in mind that this can be dangerous and expensive.
When it comes to tonsiloliths, you either get them or you don't. Combat against them with the above suggestions that will ensure your life continues on, with or without tonsil stones.
Please visit our website for more information on how to Naturally Prevent and Cure Tonsiloliths
Anna Watson is the author for Tonsil Stones Remedies, after suffering for 7 years of Tonsiloliths. She reveals the secret to permanently getting rid of tonsil stones using simple home remedies. Please visit this website: